Get up to speed on the latest news, stories and insights from CNO – from company announcements to a peek into the company culture to profiles of our team in action.
For the fourth consecutive year, CNO Financial has been recognized for our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) programs by Forbes magazine.
"This recognition is a testament to CNO’s longstanding, deep-rooted commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion,” said Aaron Mapp, senior director, DE&I. “We believe that fostering an inclusive culture where unique perspectives are welcome makes our workplace stronger. We look forward to continuing to make meaningful strides in our diversity initiatives.”
CNO is passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, celebrates and values the diverse voices of our associates and our customers. Diversity goes beyond visible differences to include different educational backgrounds, professional knowledge, personality types, thinking styles and life experiences. CNO’s DE&I commitment is centered around three priorities that drive its mission and programming:
- Associate Education & Awareness – Affirming equality for all individuals and committing to creating an environment of mutual acceptance, understanding, and respect.
- Associate Development – Cultivating an inclusive culture that leverages the diverse skills, ideas, and full capabilities of all associates.
- Recruitment & Selection – Hiring, developing, and retaining diverse talent that reflects the markets we serve.
2022 DE&I highlights include:
- Hosted nearly 50 DE&I events by our business resource groups (BRGs)
- Launched a new CNO BRG - L.U.N.A. Latinos Unidos Network for Advancement
- Delivered 15 professional development workshop events sponsored by BRGs.
- Increased membership and engagement in all of CNO’s BRGs
- Launched new Rotational Development Program pilot
- Continued its commitments through CEOARE Fellowship assignment and Indy Racial Equity Pledge
- Continued DE&I OnDemand Learning course offerings
To determine rankings Statista surveyed more than 45,000 Americans working for businesses with at least 1,000 employees. Participants were asked to anonymously rate their organizations based on criteria such as age, gender, ethnicity, disability and LGBTQ+ equality, as well as general diversity.
The 2023 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity list can be viewed on the Forbes website.
To learn more about CNO’s culture by visiting our “Diversity, Equity & Inclusion” page.