Get up to speed on the latest news, stories and insights from CNO – from company announcements to a peek into the company culture to profiles of our team in action.
For the third consecutive year, CNO Financial Group has been recognized for its diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) program by Forbes magazine.
“I’m proud of the significant progress we’ve made to foster an inclusive environment for all associates,” said Aaron Mapp, Senior Director, DE&I. “Embracing diversity and actively pursuing equity helps build a stronger, better company for our associates and creates sustainable growth for our company.”
CNO’s DE&I commitment is centered around three priorities that drive its mission and programming:
- Associate Education & Awareness – Affirming equality for all individuals and committing to creating an environment of mutual acceptance, understanding, and respect.
- Associate Development – Cultivating an inclusive culture that leverages the diverse skills, ideas, and full capabilities of all associates.
- Recruitment & Selection – Hiring, developing, and retaining diverse talent that reflects the markets we serve.
Over the past year, CNO has made steady progress in several key areas, including:
- Earning a perfect score in Human Rights Campaign’s 2022 Corporate Equality Index
- Introducing DE&I OnDemand online learning
- Hosting 70 events by our business resource groups
- Launching several programs, including job rotation and leadership and management programs
- Partnering with diverse professional organizations, such as Sexuality and Gender Alliance of Actuaries (SAGAA) and the Network of Actuarial Women and Allies (NAWA)
To determine the ranking, Forbes partnered with Statista to survey 60,000 Americans working for businesses with at least 1,000 employees and pinpointed the companies they identified as most dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The evaluation was based on four different criteria - direct recommendations, indirect recommendations, diversity among top executives/board and diversity engagement indicators.
The 2022 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity list can be viewed on the Forbes website.
To learn more about CNO’s culture by visiting our “Diversity, Equity & Inclusion” page.