Get up to speed on the latest news, stories and insights from CNO – from company announcements to a peek into the company culture to profiles of our team in action.
Since 2018, CNO Financial takes a moment every year to recognize when the company formally embarked on its diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) program. This year was no different as nearly 1,000 associates virtually gathered to celebrate the third anniversary of its DE&I program, called “I am CNO.”
Aaron Mapp, senior director, diversity, equity and inclusion, highlighted several significant DEI-related progress items, and shared the key areas of focus on the DE&I roadmap. The company also marked the occasion with a special performance by comedian Josh Blue, notable for his status as a finalist on the 2021 season of America’s Got Talent.
“Our anniversary event is a great opportunity to celebrate the significant strides we have made in the last year,” said Aaron Mapp, senior director, diversity, equity and inclusion. “It’s also a great reminder that while we have made tremendous contributions to the progress, there is more work to be done. At CNO, we are committed to doing our part to ensure we continue to create an inclusive culture to make us a better, stronger company.”
Some of the 2021 DE&I highlights include:
- Adding DE&I as a CNO Core Value
- Launching DE&I OnDemand courses
- Integrating DE&I into CNO’s Leadership Development Program
- Hosting Safe Place sessions
- Adding new benefits, including inclusive care for LGBTQ+ and PTO time for DE&I education
- Making a commitment to the Indianapolis Racial Equity Pledge
- Receiving awards and recognition, including Great Place to Work certified and Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
In addition to recognizing the past year’s achievements, Mapp shared the key programs to continue to support the company’s three pillars in advancing DE&I: associate education and awareness, associate development, and recruitment and selection to advance our DE&I efforts.
Click here for more information on CNO’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.