Indianapolis, Ind. April 2, 2004 — Conseco Health Insurance Company today introduced its newest supplemental health product, Conseco Solutions® Cancer. The new product offers many of the popular features that agents and clients expect – high-quality benefits, optional riders, guarantees on premiums and renewability – plus exciting new benefits to help policyholders select the best treatment solutions to meet their financial, physical and emotional needs. Among the benefits offered in the product are:
• A first-occurrence express payment that will allow policyholders to receive immediate financial assistance to help with the extra expenses associated with cancer. Clients can choose to increase this one-time payment for a maximum $10,000 benefit for the policyholder or spouse.
• A Health Advocate feature that will provide diagnosed policyholders access to a health advocate service for help with navigating the complex healthcare system throughout their treatment. A registered nurse is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help with making phone calls, assisting with medical billing questions, resolving insurance claim concerns and other necessary arrangements associated with cancer treatment.
• A wellness benefit, covering cancer-screening tests such as mammograms, colonoscopies, PAP tests, and more.
• Stem cell and medical imaging coverage, allowing policyholders to take advantage of the latest medical advances where available.
• An alternative care rider, giving diagnosed policyholders holistic treatment options through alternative health-care methods such as acupuncture, hypnosis, and massage therapy.
• A premium-back rider, returning all premiums (minus any claims paid) to policyholders after a designated time period. Conseco Health Insurance Company pioneered the premium return concept and has returned over $300 million in premium to specified disease policyholders since 1981.
Ron Bendes, senior vice president and national sales director of health insurance products for the Conseco insurance companies, said, “The Conseco Solutions Cancer product demonstrates how Conseco Health has been hard at work for our customers and agents. For customers, Conseco Solutions Cancer can provide benefits, options and advocacy. For our agents, Conseco Solutions Cancer is a competitive product with many distinct advantages, confirming Conseco Health’s position as a market leader in the supplemental health industry.??
Conseco Health is a subsidiary of Conseco, Inc., a Fortune 500 company. Conseco, Inc. is a separate entity and not responsible for the financial condition or contractual obligations of the insurer. Conseco’s insurance companies serve nearly 5 million customers across America. Cancer, heart/stroke, accident and Medicare supplement policies protect people against major unplanned expenses; annuities and life insurance products help people plan for their financial future. To learn more or to contact the company, visit www.conseco.com.