View the latest press releases and important announcements from CNO.
Chicago, Ill., September 28, 2005 -- Bankers Life and Casualty Company today announced a series of initiatives to provide special help to its policyholders in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi that have been affected by the hurricanes, as requested by the state insurance departments:
- We are providing a grace period until January 1, 2006, for premium payments due from affected policyholders. We will take no actions on premiums due, overdue, or cancellations until after that date, and policyholders may disregard any premium notices that may be automatically generated before that date.
- After January 1, 2006, we will work with individual affected policyholders on a case-by-case basis to bring their premiums current in a method financially feasible for them.
- For the foreseeable future, we will process -- on an expedited basis, before all other pending business -- any requests for loans, withdrawals, or cancellations from affected policyholders.
- At all times, we will make every effort to modify our normal administrative practices to accommodate affected policy owners.
- We have established a special team to respond to service requests from the affected areas. If you have a Bankers insurance policy and you have questions or concerns about billing, claims or any other service issue, please call us toll-free on the Gulf Coast policyholder hotline, 1-800-843-9085, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7am-7pm, CST. Or send us an email at our special address: email@example.com
Established in 1879 in Chicago, Bankers Life and Casualty Company focuses exclusively on the financial security needs of seniors. The company, a subsidiary of Conseco, Inc., (NYSE: CNO) offers a broad portfolio of health and life insurance and retirement savings products designed especially for seniors. Visit us online at http://www.bankers.com/.
- # # # # -