View the latest press releases and important announcements from CNO.
Carmel, Ind., September 19, 2005 -- Conseco Insurance Group today announced a series of initiatives to provide special help to its policyholders in those areas of Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi that have been proclaimed disaster areas by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and as requested by the state insurance departments:
- We are providing a grace period until January 1, 2006, for premium payments due from affected policyholders. We will take no actions on premiums due, overdue, or cancellations until after that date, and policyholders may disregard any premium notices that may be automatically generated before that date.
- After January 1, 2006, we will work with individual affected policyholders on a case-by-case basis to bring their premiums current in a method financially feasible for them.
- For the foreseeable future, we will process -- on an expedited basis, before all other pending business -- any requests for loans, withdrawals, or cancellations from affected policyholders.
- At all times, we will make every effort to modify our normal administrative practices to accommodate affected policy owners.
- We have established a special team to respond to service requests from the affected areas. If you have a Conseco insurance policy and you have questions or concerns about billing, claims or any other service issue, please call us toll-free Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. EDT until October 30, and between 7 a.m.-5 p.m. EST thereafter:
- Life insurance - call 1.800.525.7662
- Annuity - call 1.866.588.2255
- Supplemental health insurance:
Conseco Health Insurance Company - call 1.800.541.2254
Conseco Insurance Company - call 1.800.541.2254
Conseco Senior Health Insurance Company - call 1.800.441.3978
Washington National Insurance Company - call 1.800.759.7007
Or send us an e-mail at our special address: Katrinahelp@conseco.com .
Mike Dubes, president of Conseco Insurance Group, said, "Our hearts go out to all those whose lives have been changed by this devastating storm. We are committed to doing whatever it takes to provide high-quality service for our policyholders in the affected areas, especially over the next few months, when they will need us most."
Conseco Insurance Group, comprised of the insurance company subsidiaries of Conseco, Inc. (NYSE: CNO) based in Carmel, Indiana, serves over 2 million customers across America. Conseco Insurance Group offers supplemental health and life insurance products and annuities to working families and seniors.
- # # # # -